Started working on the flaps, clecoed the flap components, bent the
inboard rib trailing edges to fit the rear spar. Note: These ribs come from
Vans with the rib trailing edge/rear spar flange bent incorrectly. To fix
this just rebend the rib so it kisses the rear spar. I will update pics soon
Anyway, fabricated the spar bracket, and this is how I did it:
1. Cut to desired length I think the plans say 2" 20/32"
2. Align on spar and drill the holes per the plans.
3. Cleco and leave excess (trim later)
To fabricate the other bracket, actually just bend and final drill to inboard
rib and previous bracket assembly. Don't stress on this after a few minutes
of head scratching I figured the best way to bend this. (See pic)
1. Measure the 25/32" and draw a line.
2. Sandwich some scrap sheet metal and clamp the bracket in the vise, and
leave a little extra sticking up (guestimate, not much) for a bend radius
and camp your flange straightening pliers on and bend away. The plans call
for 6.3 degrees, and Dans right whatever. just tweak it until it fits.